who we are
We are Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading nonprofit social marketing organization. We work to make health easier for people in developing countries by providing access to products and services ranging from bed nets to HIV testing.
There are over 5,000 “PSI’ers” worldwide. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals from diverse backgrounds, from the medical industry to the music business, all bringing unique skills that we bring to the job.
PSI is an international non-profit organization that provides life-saving information, products and services to address some of the world’s most pressing health challenges so people can lead healthier, happier and more productive lives. PSI has 50 years of experience making it easier for us to bring quality healthcare closer to those who need it most. PSI is currently working in over 30 countries.
At PSI, we not only help create sustainable solutions to the world’s most serious health problems, we create a health experience that treats beneficiaries like consumers – starting with putting more quality care and control right in the hands of consumers .
Become a partner with us!
PSI is seeking a passionate BI Developer Consultant to join a growing, world-class team transforming the way we deliver healthcare to women around the world.
VIYA is a fem tech solution that harnesses the power of technology to equip women with the tools they need to take charge of their sexual health and well-being in a simple, reliable and fun way. (Learn more here https://www.psi.org/2022/01/femtech-meets-ngo-how-viya-is-going-all-the-way-with-womens-health/).
The ideal candidate should be a hands-on technologist with experience implementing data systems engineering best practices to develop visual analytics solutions. The right person should have an innate flair for creativity and strategic innovative thinking to extract insights from vast data sets and convert them into strategic opportunities within the organization.
The BI developer consultant will work closely with Viya program managers to support and implement high-quality, data-driven decisions. They must support and guide the company in a variety of activities, from building explanatory and predictive models and communicating complex insights to conducting experimental pilots and evaluating conclusions. The BI developer consultant will also lead the data analytics visualization for the project while leading the discovery of improvement opportunities across multiple projects.
Sounds like something you’d be interested in? Continue reading.
The BI developer will:
- Build business intelligence web applications using PowerBI or Apache Superset that make it easy for users of all disciplines to explore and visualize data
- Leverage cloud ETL/ELT services like Azure Data Factory for horizontal, serverless data integration and data transformation.
- Sketch and collaborate on systematic data ingestion from data sources, including published events and API integrations.
- Generate automation policies and frameworks for data pipelines and analytics processes.
- Bringing together, maintaining and improving the infrastructure used in the data analysis workstream (data lakes, data warehouses, automation frameworks).
- Build data-driven, innovative data models and visualizations to drive strategic decision-making
- Understand business needs to set functional specifications and design reports and dashboards using modern approaches
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets, and communicate analysis and findings in a clear, concise manner
- Synthesize and shape data from multiple data sources into reports and actionable analytics that include intelligent recommendations
- Test new visualization and analysis technologies to improve the collaborative nature of analysis
- Data modeling and creation of aggregation pipelines in MongoDB (document-oriented database program) that extends schema design for performance, scalability and simplicity.
- Leverage Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and WhatsApp Twilio Service to aggregate and distill marketing campaign, impact and strategy performance data for end-to-end management.
- Explore IVR (Interactive Voice Response), Dialogflow (chatbots), and BigQuery (cloud RDBMS) data structures to collect digital analytics and measure the purchase funnel, which encompasses acquisition, behavior, and conversion.
- Build advanced analytics including artificial intelligence, machine learning, and anomaly detection models for predictive analytics to turn real-time data into actionable insights.
what are we looking for
We are looking for a highly ambitious individual with a passion for data science, data visualization and health who is willing and able to learn in a challenging position. In particular we are looking for;
- Bachelor in Data Science, Information Management Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Analytics, Economics, Computer Science or a related field required
- Adept at orchestrating end-to-end data products; This includes collaborating with stakeholders to define requirements, extract and transform data, build and validate models/analysis, and deploy them in a repeatable and robust way
- At least 3 years of experience in a business intelligence role in data science and analytics or visualizations/dashboarding
- 3+ years of experience leading data-driven design, analysis and presentation of data models, visualizations and data insights for internal and external clients
- 3+ years of experience using Power Bi, Tableau or Superset to drive strategic decisions
- Strong statistical knowledge and experience using statistical packages to analyze datasets (SQL, STATA, SPSS, SAS, etc.)
- At least 1 year experience using non-SQL data sources (MongoDB preferred)
- Familiar with multiple data sources (XML, CSV, JSON, etc.) and scripting languages Python, R
- Fluent in English
- Understanding of market research and analysis techniques
- Comfortable working in matrix organizations and cooperation with cross-functional, multicultural teams
- Very strong personal integrity
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Creative problem solving skills
- Well organized and a self-starter
- Passion and knowledge of design thinking, UX/UI optimization and customer experience best practices
What would excite us?
- Experience with HL7 FHIR standards
- Experience in public health, women’s health, mobile technology, or work for a development agency
- Experience in digital marketing analysis
- Fluent in French, Portuguese or Spanish
- Experience with machine learning and deep learning techniques
- Female developers are strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply
This is a counseling position with a fixed-term contract of six months with the possibility of extension. Consultants may be based in countries in East and Southern Africa with a PSI social enterprise presence.
Interested applicants should Send expression of interest and current CV to to [email protected], subject: VIYA BI Consulting Services received on or before August 12, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
PSI reserves the right to accept or reject any offer and is under no obligation to justify its decision.