No one can question Lizzo’s love of spicy food after her recent performance Name is, the YouTube interview series where celebrities answer questions while eating 10 Increasingly Spicy Hot Wings. The pop icon stayed true to her dietary preferences and requested Daring’s vegan chicken for her spicy wings challenge. During the interview, Lizzo spoke to host Sean Evans about her musical education, the Minneapolis music scene, her inspirations and more.
With the help of Daring’s vegan wings, Lizzo took on the challenge head on, claiming that she loves (and can handle) spicy food. “I was addicted to Hot Cheetos and survived the one-chip challenge,” said Lizzo. “So I think this is going to be a piece of damn cake. So try me.”
On the eighth grand, Lizzo shed her jacket and dipped her vegan hot grand in a non-dairy milkshake provided to calm the heat. The musician ends the interview in tears, receiving a bowl of oat milk ice cream to help her cross the finish line. Throughout the episode, Lizzo opened up about her favorite fashion moments and her latest album Special, and her favorite vegan plantain sandwich.
“I had a really good one at Black Rican Vegan,” Lizzo said. “I feel like it was seasoned. It was juicy. It had vegan cheese on it.”
Although Lizzo’s ice cream, milkshakes and wings were vegan, two of those featured were Name is Sauces contain honey: Island Wing Sauce and The Seventh Reaper.
Lizzo’s favorite vegan foods
Lizzo is busy on and off stage, but when she’s not performing the superstar is sharing vegan recipes with her 25 million TikTok followers. The pop icon frequently shows fans how to cook vegan food and reveals her favorite plant-based dishes. Last March, the star detailed everything she eats in a day as part of her vegan diet, including plant-based dishes like Banza Chickpea Dairy Macaroni and Cheese and a signature protein shake.
But going vegan wasn’t always easy for Lizzo. The star revealed that as time went by, it got easier and easier to keep up with a plant-based diet. At the core of her videos, Lizzo emphasizes that she doesn’t follow a vegan diet to meet a specific body ideal or weight expectation. She highlights that there is a clear distinction between health and physique and urges fans to avoid physical judgments.
“So next time you come up to someone and want to judge them whether or not they’re drinking kale smoothies or eating McDonald’s or exercising or not, how about you look at your own damn self and worry about yourself because the Health it’s not just determined by how you look on the outside, but who you are on the inside,” Lizzo said in June 2020. Namastay, have a nice day.”
Most recently, Lizzo helped popularize Juicy Marbles’ new plant-based filet mignon. The singer served up a vegan steak and eggs using JUST Egg’s plant-based egg alternative.
Celebrities who have chosen Vegan Wings Name is
Lizzo isn’t the first big celebrity to favor vegan wings during her wedding Name is Interview. Several other celebrities joined Evans with a plate of plant-based wings, including vocal vegans like Steve-O and Billie Eilish. Here are some popular stars who avoided animal wings throughout their lives Name is Challenge.
- Billie Eilish: Eilish’s vegan activism and climate action led to her being crowned PETA’s 2021 Person of the Year.
- Steve-O: After the legendary prankster transitioned to a healthier lifestyle, he also started a plant-based diet and hasn’t looked back since.
- Thundercat: Thundercat stopped eating meat several years ago when he quit drinking alcohol and claimed the change helped him lose 100 pounds.
- Zoe Kravitz: Kravitz was raised vegan, but claims she’s since gone plant-based. She told Evans that she hopes to do better while eating vegan wings during the show.
- RZA: Wu Tang Clan member RZA stands first Name is guest to eat vegan wings. The legendary rapper has consistently supported vegan ventures with his “Plant Grants,” which help fund black-owned restaurants.
- Keke Palmer: Keke Palmer “tries” at the plant-based lifestyle. Palmer joined Evans twice on the show, eating vegan wings to prove she’s plant-centric.
- Natalie Portman: Longtime vegan actress Natalie Portman unsurprisingly opted for vegan wings — and shocked Evan with her tolerance for spices.
- Paul Rudd: We might not be sure if Paul Rudd is vegan, he chose to avoid chicken wings during his hilarious interview.
- Olivia Rodrigo: This young star isn’t fully vegan, but tries to choose meatless options whenever possible.
- Kristen Bell: Bell became vegetarian at the age of 11 and eventually switched to a vegan diet in 2012. Now Bell is promoting a plant-based lifestyle through investments and lifestyle practices.
For more herbal events, check out The Beet’s News articles.
Sandra Oh and 20 others You might be surprised to learn that they are plant-based