Lee Health is asking for blood donations to refill supplies. Current blood supplies are critically low and Lee Health’s blood centers are in urgent need of donors.
As home to the region’s only trauma center, it is vital that the system’s blood supply remains at healthy levels in order to quickly care for patients in need of an urgent transfusion. Blood and blood products are not only used in the trauma center, but also to treat cancer patients, premature babies, anemia and a variety of other diseases.
Lee Health Blood Centers are the single supplier of all blood products for the entire healthcare system. About 800 units of blood are needed each week and the blood centers rely on life saving donations from the community to keep supplies going.
Lee Health’s blood mobile is located in the following locations:
– Today, August 3: Mercedes-Benz and BMW from Fort Myers, 15461 S. Tamiami Trail, Fort Myers, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m
– Today, August 3: Babcock Ranch Healthy Life Center, 42880 Crescent Loop, Suite 100, Punta Gorda, from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m
– August 4: R&L Global Logistics, 16520 S. Tamiami Trail, Suite 180, Fort Myers, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m
– August 5: Bailey’s General Store, 2477 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m
– August 5: Florida Heart Associates, 1550 Barkley Circle, Fort Myers, from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m
– August 5: LeeSar, 2727 Winkler Ave., Fort Myers, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m
– August 6: Pine Island Moose Lodge, 8903 Stringfellow Road, St. James City, from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m
– August 7: Faith Presbyterian Church, 4544 Coronado Parkway, Cape Coral, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m
– August 7: First Christian Church of Cape Coral, 2620 Country Club Blvd., Cape Coral, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m
– August 8: Lee County Tax Collector, 3114 Lee Blvd., Lehigh Acres, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m
– August 8th: Lee Health Coconut Point, 23450 Via Coconut Point, Estero, from 10am to 3pm
– August 9: Outpatient Center at The Sanctuary, 8960 Colonial Center Drive, Fort Myers, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m
– August 10: Lee County Sheriff’s Office, 14750 Six Mile Cypress Parkway, Fort Myers, from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m
– August 10: Iona Lakes, 15000 Iona Lakes Drive, Fort Myers, from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m
All of the blood donated at Lee Health remains in the system to serve patients in Southwest Florida. If you are unable to donate, you can also donate at one of Lee Health’s blood centers.
For more information on how and where to donate, visit https://www.leehealth.org/our-services/blood-centers.