New Delhi: Ayurveda affects people differently depending on their body type. Through the individual doshas one can recognize a suitable diet, exercise and lifestyle. Once you figure out the doshas according to your body type, you can achieve good health.
What Are the Benefits of Knowing Doshas?
The following are the benefits of knowing body type that helps to be fit and healthy:
Effects of hormonal imbalance and mental health in women
Is the BMI calculation a good indicator of health status? The benefits and limitations of body mass index
- Care for optimal health
- Helps maintain good relationships ever since Mental health is regulated
- Plan a balanced body diet
- Know your body type
vata: This body type is ruled by the air element
- Those who belong to the Vata types do not gain weight so easily. They have an extremely well-functioning metabolism and are physically very thin and lean. They are subsceptible to colds and coughs and usually have dry skin.
- Due to a fast metabolism, Vata body types are very active and energetic. They have irregular sleeping and eating schedules and are therefore prone to insomnia.
- Vata body types are also very quick emotionally, but they don’t retain things, but they are good at remembering things faster.
Pita: This body type is ruled by the element of fire
Why is regular sex good for you? Sexually active people are healthier, live longer
Brain Health: THESE 4 Best Vegetables Keep Your Brain Young
- Those who belong to the Pita body type are of medium build and have good, strong muscle tone. They tend to be very warm to the touch and are prone to hair loss and early balding. They have fast metabolisms, but not as fast as Vata types. They age very quickly and tend to develop moles and freckles.
- Pita body types love to eat and sleep. Ruled by the fire element, they dislike hot weather and food.
- They are good communicators and can make friends easily, although they are dominant by nature.
- They are very intelligent and ambitious people and have a passion for things they enjoy. Pita types also tend to get irritated easily, but have good insight into the things that are pursuing them.
kapha: This body type is ruled by the elements of water and earth
They also have thick hair and are usually overweight or obese.
They gain weight easily and love oily and spicy junk food. They have strong muscles and bones.
People who belong to the Kapha type are usually built strong and have broad shoulders.
According to the three body types, the doshas must be balanced in order to maintain good physical and mental health.
Disclaimer: The tips and suggestions mentioned in this article are for general informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a nutritionist before beginning any fitness program or changing your diet.